Today at 10am, Statewide Homeless Service Providers and Advocates will sound the alarm on COVID-19, specifically talking about the futility of an executive order that asks people to shelter in place yet does not protect the homeless.
Leaders from organizations across Minnesota providing emergency shelter and services to people experiencing homelessness will give an update on the extraordinary public health and safety challenges presented by the COVID-19 crisis. They will call for heightened urgency and resources to ensure this highly vulnerable population and those who serve them are adequately protected. Statewide goals to #FlattenTheCurve, prevent community spread and manage demand on hospitals will fall short if critical support is not secured.
Monica Nilsson is on the agenda to speak about the Elim Church and Strong Tower Parish Shelters and draw from her decades of experiencing working with people experiencing homelessness.
Event details: Thursday, March 26th
- Join through computer: https://zoom.us/j/942617836
- Join by phone: 1-312-626-6799 and enter Meeting ID: 942 617 836
- Please give yourself a screen name upon entering the meeting to ensure a smooth process.
- If you plan to ask questions, plan to join from your computer or app
- Everyone will be muted so please use the chat room or the “raise your hand” feature if you want to ask a question. A moderator will read your question or unmute you.
Public Health and Goals to #FlattenTheCurve At Risk if Homeless Are Not Adequately Protected