Looking to make a financial donation?
Financial donations are always welcome. They help with operations and maintenance. They help with the unexpected. Please consider a donation through our partner and fiscal agent, Tasks Unlimited. You can give online, by phone, by mail or arrange for legacy and stock gifts. Please specify our shelter, Homeless Shelter at Elim Church/Strong Tower, [bottom option on bullet list] as beneficiary.
DROP OFF LOCATION/HOURS:
685 13th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(please use 13th Ave door)
Drop Off Times:
- 7 days a week: 5:30-9:30pm
- No daytime drop off times at present
**When dropping off items, please call staff at Elim Shelter for Women, 612.814.2490 or Strong Tower Shelter for Men, 612.756.6606, when you arrive and staff will meet you outside.
CURRENT PROGRAM NEEDS
Top Needs [April 27, 2020]
- Socks and underwear
- hair conditioner
- rain ponchos
- travel umbrellas
You can also donate a meal! (More details here.)
Looking to donate new or gently used items?
Donated items like yours allow us to meet basic needs, provide comfort, and assist with building trusting relationships with our program participants.
DONATION QUALITY STANDARDS
We welcome donations of high-quality items. Most items must be new, except where noted. Items must meet the following standards:
- Toiletry items must be unopened and unexpired.
- Staff assess items and may request that you donate items to another agency based on the quality of the items and our current needs.
- Unsure whether you should donate an item? Ask yourself if you would give the item as a gift to a friend.
Toiletries and Personal Care Items
- Nitrile disposable gloves
- Face masks
- Travel/full size body wash, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion
- Toothpaste, Toothbrushes
- Razors, Shaving cream
- Foot powder for shoes & feet
- Lotion, Q-tips
- Combs & brushes, African American hair & skin care products
- Products for natural/textured hair
Food & Paper Products
- Coffee, tea bags
- Sugar and creamer canisters
- 1% Milk, Cereal
- Disposable eating products
- Non-perishable snack items
- Paper towels and facial tissue
- Backpacks & duffel bags: high quality gently used or new
- New underwear for men (sizes 32 to 44) and women (sizes 5-11) – bras, boxers and t-shirts
- Gently used clothes and shoes (men and women – all sizes)
Contact us with questions firstname.lastname@example.org